Saturday, January 12, 2019

52 In 52: Book 2 Tigerman by Nick Harkaway



**A Touch Spoiler-y.**

Not sure how I feel about this one. On the one hand, I thought the pacing of the book was good. I liked how the beginning was a little slow and meandering. It lent itself well to the life on the island, and how the sergeant spent his days there. I enjoyed the steady build-up after the first "incident".

On the other hand, that ending. I feel so grumpy about it. It makes me want to give the book one star, like leaving a bad server a penny for a tip. I really want to let it be known how really unsatisfied with the service I am. I never do that, but I've felt like it a few times. Hence the four stars, which is probably more like 3.5, and that's only because of the fun comic book references. Well, and also Lester's love for the boy.

I still love Nick Harkaway, and can't wait to dive into another rip roaring good time. But please don't make me want to leave you a penny tip again.

Original review on Goodreads


Until next time,

Happy reading!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by Nick Hardaway yet. Now you've got me curious about the story. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite of his is Angelmaker. Such a great time! Thanks for the comment! 😊

      Delete
  2. Hi sweet Michele! Just wanted to pop by to say thanks so much for the visit to my blog and the sweet comment (so glad it finally worked!) for the Pinkfresh May Release! Sending big crafty hugs your way! xo

    ReplyDelete